Old October 13th 04, 09:12 PM
Jack Dingler

Jym Dyer wrote:

snip
=v= Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic would actually be
a better use of time.

If biofuels can't replace all fossil fuels, there are several
options being developed that also have the potential to
replace fossil fuel.

=v= I've been hearing vague promises about these "several
options" ever since the Energy Crisis in the 1970s. Aside from
Amory Lovins, few have bothered to work out real numbers. It's
been 30 years; let's see something other than vague scenarios.
_Jym_

The arguments for doing nothing, have remained essentially unchanged for
decades. What has changed is the argued trigger point for when alternate
fuels will save us.

It's been argued that these alternatives will kick in when the price of
crude reaches...
$15/barrel
$20/barrel
$25/barrel
$30/barrel
$35/barrel
$40/barrel
$45/barrel
$50/barrel
$55/barrel

And we've also heard it argued that some other guy, not us, is about to
invent a technology that will fix everything. Yet we never hear who he
is or have a clue what that technology will be.

And as we've waited the price of oil has risen through...
$15/barrel
$20/barrel
$25/barrel
$30/barrel
$35/barrel
$40/barrel
$45/barrel
$50/barrel

And still we wait for the future to come and fix the problems of the
past. Because now it's a bit late. How much longer do we do nothing
while waiting for a miracle of faith to occur?

Jack Dingler