Old October 13th 04, 09:45 PM
Jack Dingler

Matthew Russotto wrote:

In article ,
Jack Dingler wrote:

Jym Dyer wrote:

snip
=v= Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic would actually be
a better use of time.

=v= I've been hearing vague promises about these "several
options" ever since the Energy Crisis in the 1970s. Aside from
Amory Lovins, few have bothered to work out real numbers. It's
been 30 years; let's see something other than vague scenarios.
_Jym_

The arguments for doing nothing, have remained essentially unchanged for
decades.

And each time the predicted End of The World As We Know It passes
without neither a bang nor a whimper, they're strengthened.

You've seen no change in the world over the last few decades? Is the
world of the 1960s still with us intact and whole? Or has the world as
we know it, actually changed?

I see it as the frog in the pot syndrome, you slowly turn up the heat
and the frog dies without ever realizing it's being cooked.

At what price for crude would you argue, will kick in alternatives? Or
do you think that oil production will keep rising through 2060 with ever
rising costs, while wages remain constant?

Or what scenario do you think is playing out?

Jack Dingler