Old September 9th 20, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Fires and smoke

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 07:47:57 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

I have a gas mask that I use often when entering or
leaving my apartment building. That's because I'm
allergic to marijuana and people often smoke it in
this building. It's like drowning when I'm exposed
to it. THe gas mask works in that I don't smell it
or suffer any of the effects of it. Ditto for
cigarette smoke in that I don't smell it at all.

Well, at least you have a solution. Weed smoke is mostly dust size
particles.
"Particle size distribution of mainstream tobacco and marijuana smoke"
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2751166/
0.3 to 0.5 micron. That's in the range where an N95 face mask will
trap such particles (0.3 microns or larger). I would guess your gas
mask/respirator might be the same or better. The catch is it should
eventually become clogged with marijuana particles and other debris
aerosols.

Whatever you end up using, I hope and pray that you stay safe and healthy.

Thanks. Things were bad enough with the brush fires for the past 3
weeks. The fire near me:
https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/8/16/czu-lightning-complex-including-warnella-fire/
is now 83% contained. That was deemeed sufficient for the bulk of the
fire fighters and equipment to leave for other fires. The wind picked
up in northern California, which started a number of new fires. This
is not going to be easy. See that satellite photos at:
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector.php?sat=G17&sector=psw
Click on any size image under "GeoColor" during California daylight
hours.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D