Old September 14th 20, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default hub specs translate

Here are some informed guesses how this translates:

On 9/14/2020 12:56 PM, Mark Cleary wrote:
Ok I don't want to measure just yet but looking up the specs on this hub it seems confusing to me. Not the way I would measure or shorthand a hub specs.
EALED BEARINGS:
4PCS
HUB SHELL BEARINGS:
1PCS OF #6802 + 1PCS OF #15267

Guessing these are part numbers for the bearing cartridges, but I know
the least about bearing matters.
HUB SPOKE HOLES:
24 28 32options for # of spokes
HUB GAUGE:
14

Guess: Largest gauge of spokes that will fit through the flange holes
HUB O.L.D.:
130MM

"Over Locknut Dimensions" = necessary distance between the inside faces
of your bike frame dropouts if you want this hub to fit
AXLE SIZE:
10 x 140MM

diameter x length of axle (guess)
AXLE MATERIAL:
ALLOY
HUB P.C.D.:
41 / 49MM

"Pitch circle diameter" (a guess) - what I'd call flange diameter - the
diameter of a circle that goes through the center of all the spoke holes
on one flange. Apparently different on the two flanges?? or two models??
HUB F.T.F.:
56.60MM

Guess: "Flange to flange" - distance, parallel to the axle, between flanges.
HUB OFFSET:
10.20MM

This one can mean any of a number of things, I'm guessing it pertains to
how "dished" the resulting wheel is; There appear to be multiple system
of measurement here, but at a guess, the distance between the
flange-to-flange center and the locknut-to-locknut center. Bigger
number would mean more dish.

Of these, IF my guesses are correct, PCD and FTF, along with your rim's
ERD, are the most important numbers for calculating spoke length. Next
most important is OFFSET, which lets you calculate how much to
lengthen/shorten the non-drive/drive-side spokes (usually no more than
1-2mm).

Mark J.