Old April 2nd 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dabac[_186_]

Default Chain skipping under load(for no obvious reason)

Wrote:
Used sprockets don't work with new chains.

Did you read the part about me flipping the sprockets over?

Sheldon's site has that listed as doable. Without sending off to a
metallurgy lab I'm as certain I can be that I'm running the new chain on
the previously unused sides of the teeth. Not that there was much wear
on the other side either.

Wrote:
... toss the cassette and get a new one.
Not really an option until I can do a frankenhub conversion and graft a

Shimano right flange on to the hub. It's an obsolete Sachs model and new
cassettes/sprockets are really hard to find.

Besides, given the symptoms I'm not so certain that a new Sachs
cassette would fix the problem.

Wrote:
Your chains and cassette will work together for several thousand miles.

...unless you're stubborn enough to ride your bike during winters where
roads gets sanded and salted...

--
dabac