Old February 13th 05, 08:00 PM
Tim McNamara

A Muzi writes:

As I recall from my youth, when we rode down a large hill then up a
berm to get a couple of feet of air, the rear lands first followed
by a great _thwack_ as the front hits. That's where I saw this type
of failure first.

Hmmm, yes, I remember bending the fork on my Hercules 3 speed in
exactly the same way, increasing the fork offset by a good inch or
more and making the tire rub the trailing edge of the fender, so that
I had to bend it upwards just to be able to still ride the bike home.
As I recall, I "repaired" the fork by running the bike into the back
wall of the garage a few times until it looked about right. :-O