Old September 25th 03, 01:20 AM
Agent of Freedom

Default 'Interesting Observation' about Mike V. and Terri A.

From: "Shaun Rimmer"

Hey dum****s, there _aren't_ any - give it up already.

The only dumb ****s around here are the MTB'ers who remain in denial, and
ignore the environmentalist whack jobs until said group sets the crosshairs on
their local trails.

Being proactive in keeping trails open, and exposing the Mike V's and Terri A's
as the frauds they truly are, is much easier than trying to get the disastrous
results of their work reversed.

Of course, trying to keep the MTB'ers from fighting amongst themselves is often
tough enough. In my local area, a trail advocacy and maintenance group (with
membership open to any person who wishes to join) has to keep wasting time and
money in replacing trail markers because other MTB'ers are constantly
vandalizing or removing them. The group of yet-to-be-caught idiots responsible
for the destruction doesn't realize that if it wasn't for the
advocacy/maintenance group, which is the only special interest user group
officially recognized by the county (who owns the park), the facility would
have been closed to bikers years ago.

The key to it happening was through a proactive approach, and beating the
hikers to the punch in making the voices of MTB'ers heard.

As a result, we have a stable, mapped facility open to mountain biking, legal
and properly maintained multi-use trails that aren't "dumbed down," and a
certified NMBP crew who patrols the park to keep an eye out for users in need
of assistance.

It's hard to believe anyone would view that as bad... but when someone shows
up and calls other MTB'ers dumb ****s because they'd rather stick their head in
the sand than neutralize the environmentalist nut cases, I guess we shouldn't
be surprised...