Old February 28th 14, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Another mountain biker bites the dust! He was a scientist, but as dumb as a rock for mountain biking when he should have been hiking.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/n...-dies-suddenly

A Motueka scientist and Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit has died suddenly while mountainbiking.

Tony Whitaker dedicated his working life to studying New Zealand and Pacific amphibians. He was also deeply involved in several conservation projects and biosecurity work...

Mr Whitaker said then that one of his achievements in New Zealand had been becoming the first person to recognise that rodents were a problem for native lizards.

(But the guy could not see past his mtbing blindness to realize his mtn bike was also a problem??! I can't feel sorry for people like this...Are they all that daft?)”

Hey, this is the price you pay for thrills and spills. Is it worth it? Just ask Blackblade. He will tell you that it is worth it because the guy was doing what he wanted to do (freedom of choice), even if it killed him. Typical mountain biker ethos. Damn the torpedoes – full speed ahead!

I have got hundreds of reports like this one in my grubby little hands, yet Blackblade the Blind will tell you that the statistics say this “sport” is safe. I wish death and destruction on all who desecrate nature with their god damn ****ing bikes. It is nothing but just deserts – God punishing the Wicked.

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great