Old November 6th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

Default RR - First Audax of the new season, last ride in shorts for the year

"Brian G" wrote in message
vernon wrote:

Must get around to becoming less porky and tackling more 200s this
season. It'd be nice to get the 2000km Brevet award for ten rides instead
of twenty :-)

You, sir, are quite astounding. There I was feeling quite pleased about
taking the trailer to Tesco for the week's shopping and I come back to
read about you cycling a casual 70 miles or so for a pre-season warm-up!

My exploits are minor league compared to the big hitters in Audax UK. Steve
Abraham expects to get 402 points from Audaxing which equates to 40,200 km
and, when taking into account his over distance rides is closer to
45,000km - roughly four times the distance that I drive each year and ten
times the distance that I ride.

I'll be quite happy to hit 4000 km from Audaxing this season year up from
2,800 km last season and aim to get a total of 6000km of riding done
including another End to End - something easy for a change Mizzen Head to
Malin Head taking in a folk festival along the way.

I simply must eat fewer pies to become less porky. I'm getting the miles in
but manage to match calorie expenditure with calorie intake along the
way....

-=V=-