Old March 16th 11, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Ed Dolan & Melanie

On Mar 15, 8:34*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"T m Sherm n _ " " wrote in

On 3/15/2011 6:52 PM, James Steward wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
You never want to love anyone who can return it. Nay, only unrequited
love is worth anything.

Here is Melanie, forever beyond my reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3GTx...eature=related

Cute! Lucky I turned the sound off quickly.

Implied commentary on yodeling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAY4hvnJbY.

Yodeling is the heart leaping for joy. Anyone who does not understand this
is a barbarian.

Almost as painful as the Scots pipes!

What should be used as the Scottish national music instead of the insipid
Flower of Scotland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMly__Q99-w&feature=related

So what is not to like? I have always loved bagpipe music provided it keeps
to a quick step. The Irish Uillin pipes are even more beautiful. The air
flow is accomplished with the elbow instead of the lungs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iteZq27y5Kg

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I don't understand yodeling. It reminds me of that unwatchable and
weird cartoon that played when i was a child "Heide". I grew up in
Buenos Aires. Germanic European folk culture was probably something as
alien to me as when the Europeans arrived in Africa, America or East
Asia.

When I went to Northern Germany in the 80s and saw men wearing green
knickers, long socks and leprechaun looking shoes I thought that I was
in some episode of star trek, or, the very famous bar scene in star
wars. Melanie could have been singing in the star wars bar scene and
the alien effect would have been the same.