Old September 22nd 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Maurice Wibblington

Default road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:01:45 +0100, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

Zéfal HPX is, IMO, the best full-length pump to put on the bike. It's tough
and reliable and the barrel is just right to manage high pressure and a
decent volume per stroke as well. The spring lock-out feature is
particularly nice. Twiddle a knob and the spring effectively disappears so
there's nothing to compress but air at the end of each stroke. It is quite
heavy, though, and you look like an armed robber while carrying it around
the shops. (Cue jokes about blowing up the gaff).

if it's quite heavy, and you hopefully won't be needing a pump that
often, surely it would make more sense to carry a lightweight
bogstandard pump?

To save space & weight, I like the combination of a super-light mini pump
and a CO2 inflator. (That's two separate products to get the best of both
worlds, rather than a combined unit).

a superlight mini pump I can understand, but a CO2 inflator?