Old February 11th 04, 01:07 AM
onewheeldave

Default 140 vs 145 vs 160mm cranks for MUni

This is really a job for Mike Fule, however I'll give it a go.

Like you Ithink 150mm is a nice compromise for muni.

Mathematically speaking 145's are a mere 1/30 shorter than 150's, I
really can't imagine you'll feel much difference.

I've found going from 150's on a 24" to 125's on a 29-er to be a big
difference. however that's a change in both crank length and wheel size.
Putting 125's instead of 150's on my muni was easy to get used to, it
meant less control but then again it's a 1/5 change.

Lets assume however that the 1/30 shortening is significant; in that
case you should still go with the 145's as the other option- 160's is a
1/15 increase i.e. twice as large a difference as the 145's.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874