Old January 31st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New chain waxing technique

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:19:25 -0500, "Phil, Squid-in-Training"
wrote:

[snip] The solvent
carrier of the Ritchey lube lit right up, and the burning chain, chainrings,
and rear cog were a sight to see. Thirty seconds later, the fire goes out,
the wax is well-distributed around the chain (although a longer burn would
have been prefereable to ensure the pins heated up sufficiently.) This was
quick, easy, and kinda fun. Maybe White Lightning will do the same...

I think, in deference to my desire to not meddle with the tempering of
the sideplates and/or risk torching the paint job on my chainstays,
that I will not attempt to duplicate this experiment.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.