Old April 19th 18, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default How critical is road bike tire pressure max?

On 2018-04-18 16:15, jbeattie wrote:

[...]

The first thing you could do is figure out which
government deserves
all your carping. Start with looking at local transportation
funding. Get on the CSD Board. Make Cameron Park Great
Again! SMS
has at least made himself part of the "deep state" of
Cupertino.

Road conditions are mostly in the hands of DOT. Last year
they increased car taxes and gas taxes to "fix the roads".
Noticeable results so far? Zero.

If you look at subsidiarity as Jay suggests I think you'll find your
county and township road departments maintain and plow and patch all the
not-incorporated roadways with various funding sources.

In some counties west of here, you can clearly see the township lines by
the road conditions after a snow while traveling on the same road.

Even in our residential neighborhood the trucks and crews are often from
the state DOT.

Those guys must have somehow lost the capability to operate a steam
roller because much of the newly laid asphalt is so wobbly that I try to
ride on the remnants of the old road surface if some is left open.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/