Old March 3rd 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Road Tires.

wrote:

Hi all I've posted here before .Thanks for the Help.What I need is a new set
of Road tires.
I live in Northwest Ind.Roads are fair and I don't compete just like to
ride.Looking for a replace ment for a set of .Michelin carbons a few years
old.
Looking for best bang for the buck .
I don't put a {lot } of road miles on bike.
Thanks .
PS hoping for a pair for under 45$
thanks.

I like the Vittoria Rubino Pro tire pretty well. I bought two of the
folding version, then two more. Finally, I found that my bike shop had
the non-folding version hanging on their tire rack, and I bought two
more of those. I generally use one front tire to two or more rear
tires. I got the folding tires for $28, and the non-folding cost under $20.

These tires were very cut resistant compared to the Michelin Pro Race2
that I'm riding now. (I got a "deal" on the Michelins through a fellow
club member - $35 each.) When I've used these tires up, I'm planning to

The durability of the Vittorias seems pretty good, too. I think I
averaged about 5,000 km (3,000+ miles) on the rear mounted tires. They
are probably a bit better than the Michelins in this regard. I read
that Michelin has one tire that is "high(er) mileage" - maybe it was the
Carbon.

Hope this helps!