Old January 17th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Stiff Wheels

On Jan 17, 3:51*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 16, 7:24*pm, thirty-six wrote:

On Jan 17, 2:16*am, " wrote:

On Jan 16, 3:07*pm, thirty-six wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:38*pm, " wrote:

On Jan 16, 12:20*pm, thirty-six wrote:

On Jan 16, 3:22*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:21*am, thirty-six wrote:

On Jan 14, 7:10*pm, wrote:

*This
effect has been researched with precise measurement and published in
"the Bicycle Wheel" in order to put substance to the claims you make.

I'll remind you for the umpteenth time, your method of measurement was
irrelevant, it was incomplete.

I'm curious about _your_ *measurements, Trevor. *IIRC, you've given no
numbers at all, just your (over)confident pronouncements.

Yes, I have given you the spoke tension typical for my wheels, that of
170lb, giving better tracking over rougher surfaces and a smoother
ride with greater speed than a simple interlaced wheel. *

What evidence do you have of this?

I measured the period of oscillation with a stopwatch, the spoke
circumference and length with a yard stick and throuigh excellent
computational skills, calculated the tension.

Can you cite the study? If you
can't, you ought to say that in your personal experience the wheels
track better and are more comfortable.

Your own measurements are not valid evidence unless published and
accepted by your peers. They are still your personal observations and
your personal experience.

So, again, you can say that in your personal experience and from your
personal observations you find such and such wheels to be better.

What you cannot say is that the wheels are better unless you can point
to the objective and establish research that supports the claim.

"Better" is subjective, my wheels are miles better. *I can say this
all day., absolute fact. *Tell me why I would want a cheap, economy
class of wheel, other than it's cheap, performs poorly and has magic
poerformed on the spokes.

I am very happy that in your personal experience, personal
observations, opinion your wheels are overwhelmingly better than any
other wheel.

If you were able to conduct a study and publish an article or even a
book, you'd make a good chunk of money.

*In the meanwhile, enjoy your wheels while I enjoy mine, which in my
personal opinion, and my personal observations, and my own experience
they are by far the bestest of the best wheels in the world.

You should take them to bed.