Old March 15th 11, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Deliberate Ramming

On 15/03/2011 19:02, Graham Nye wrote:
Seems the Doug **** was right - deliberate ramming does happen;

"A road rage cyclist rammed his bike into a car at a notorious Cambridge
flashpoint between riders and motorists".

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...ks-stretch.htm

"The newspaper quoted a police spokesperson who said that last
Wednesday’s incident occurred when the driver “was going to turn left
but had to stop to give way to other cars when she heard a loud bang,”
adding “a cyclist had deliberately rammed his bike into her car causing
damage. She looked in her mirror and saw the cyclist speed off back
along Garlic Row. He was angry because he had to stop and cycle around
her car."

http://road.cc/content/news/10482-ca...-rage-cyclists

Note that these are accounts of two separate incidents, in 2010 and 2009.
In both cases we only have the drivers' claims of what happened.

Perhaps there should be a law against deliberate ramming using a cycle
weapon?

Why? I expect existing legislation would cover any such incidents; if
there was any independent proof that they ever happened.

That's a definite "whoosh".