Old February 11th 16, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default cycling in SoCal

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 8:29:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Parts of that story sound like nonsense.

1. "At that point, a woman who was riding along in the patrol vehicle got out of the car and started yelling for the men to stop," Who was this other woman riding in the police car? If she was a police officer, the article would have clearly stated the partner of the officer being beaten was a police officer. No doubt about it. Was this other woman a prostitute the police officer picked up for some fringe benefits? Something is not right.

2. "Both were booked on suspicion of attempted murder on a police officer, assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm," Bullsh-t. Attempted murder? BS. Half the bar patrons in the US would be arrested on attempted murder every week for getting in fights. When is fighting attempted murder? Assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm? Were these suspects certified ninja experts who had their hands and feet registered as lethal weapons? No other weapon was mentioned in the article. Hard to believe anyone riding a bike is carrying a club with them. Something is not right here.

On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 7:50:13 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/02/10/father-so...olice-officer/

No kidding, a father and son beating someone together? Pfffff. I could NEVER get my son to help me beat on people -- too much effort. Something is not right. And a prostitute telling them to stop? No way. The prostitutes usually just steal the 20 gauge and split. That happened to me all the time when I was a cop. This whole story is cooked up and probably cover for some NSA operation gone off the rails.

-- Jay Beattie.