Old August 30th 03, 01:03 PM
H. M. Leary

Default First road bike: braking?

In article ,
"David L. Johnson" wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:42:00 +0000, Paul Bielec wrote:

I'm talking on going down a very steep hill on a small pavement stretch
nearly at the end of a XC trail. Right at the bottom of the hill, the
trail goes back to the woods while the road continues staight. I'm not
convinced that a road bike would brake any better at around 30 mph still
on the slope.

30 mph should not be a problem for any bike.

Anyway, I find road bikes boring. I prefer the woods to the
bike path.

Chaqu'on a son gout, I suppose. I don't much care for bike paths myself.
I use my road bike to ride on --- roads.

Uh, Hunh???

Next weekend you will be riding the local river trail ( MUP ) with several
hundred of your clubs members.

No such thing as ³Share² or obeying traffic laws or stop signs.

Beautful century ride however.

HAND