Old December 1st 04, 01:11 AM
Tim McNamara

Karstens Rage writes:

My dad left on Sunday. He's 75 yo and has trouble walking to the
car. The reason we walked to the car was so we could go get donuts
or eclairs or eat, eat, eat, eat, eat. It wasnt even gluttonous but
it still made me itch.

Literally the minute he left I went for a 40 miler with a hell of a
lot of climbing. I cant describe the feeling, but those who know
already know.

Whether its true or not, the only thing that keeps me going is the
thought that at 75, Ill still be able to get on a bike, if Im still
alive.

The most recent "Vintage Bicycle Quarterly" featured an interview with
Paulette Porthault, who has been an enthusiastic cyclist for 70 years.
At 75, she rode up the Galibier just for fun and because she was in
the area. At 91, she can still ride 25 miles. That's what I'm
shooting for!

http://www.globalaging.org/elderrigh...orolympics.htm

It's apparently never too late to have a happy childhood!