Old March 15th 05, 12:27 PM
Mark McNeill

Response to dkahn400:
It's not really a taxi driver problem BTW. Just as not all cyclists run
red lights or ride on the pavement, not all taxi drivers are nasty,
vindictive idiots.

Occasional colleague and Thoroughly Nice Bloke Martin, when he's not
being an occasional colleague, is a taxi driver in Cambridge. We'd
worked together quite a lot before he told me that, and he added -
knowing well that I'm a cyclist - that he couldn't stand cyclists. I
told him that if *I* was a cabbie in Cambridge I'd probably end up not
standing cyclists, or at least a large subsection of same. Not that
that's any excuse, mind, in the present context.

--
Mark, UK.

"CYCLIST WEDS - - News? Faith then I can't see it. Why, pray, should
cyclists not wed? Is there something in the exercise of the craft,
some secret vow, some occult commitment that makes the founding of a
family, the cultivation of the sweet domestic arts, the cherishing of
womankind (aplurally) incompatible with cyclism? Are we to infer,
forsooth, that there was never any Mrs Sturmey Archer?"