Old May 17th 18, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Cyclists hurt seven times more often than figures show

On 17/05/18 17:48, MrCheerful wrote:

It is annoying that everybody's money is thrown in the wrong direction
all the time.

The money comes from a minority. I repeat my post of 21:52 on the 14th.

[quote]
This article is a few years old:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-get-back.html

It is estimated that 60% of households are net beneficiaries of the tax
system, getting back more in benefits than they contribute. The neutral
point is a gross income of between £35,000 and £38,000.

So, many motorists are paying their vehicle taxes with one hand what
they receive from taxpayers with the other. If I am a beneficiary, then
by cycling I am doing taxpayers a favour. If I am a taxpayer then by
cycling I am not giving away as much to a bunch of freeloaders.
[Unquote]