Old July 5th 18, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Cyclist mows down child, attacks lady witness and then cyclesaway.

On 05/07/18 03:06, JNugent wrote:
On 04/07/2018 12:21, Peter Keller wrote:
On 04/07/18 03:22, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2018 10:16, Peter Keller wrote:
On 02/07/18 10:43, JNugent wrote:
On 09/06/2018 10:36, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/18 00:17, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2018 20:47, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/06/18 17:23, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2018 15:28, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

Well done; no unseemly hating of groups of people just because of
where
they live. Just prejudice based on mode of transport!

No prejudice. It all arises out of experience and acquired
information, much of it gained in this very NG.

You and Cheerless clearly live a very sheltered existence.

The exact opposite, I'm afraid.

"acquired information, much of it gained in this very NG". I rest my
case.

I wish it weren't; I really do.

I wish cyclists today were as law-abiding and sociable as cyclists
were in the 1950s. Don't you?

To people of a certain age and beyond the past is always a golden
era.
Culture has changed out of recognition since the 50's. Not that I was
there and only have black & white films to go by.

You take an occasional report about a "cyclist" doing something wrong
(which invariably has nothing to do with actually riding the bike)
and
choose not to compare with the population at large.

I really don't care about obedience to the law when what is
important is
the safety of others. It ought to be a given that, compared to a
driver,
a person on a bike cannot afford (on average) to be selfish.

Sp do you agree, or disagree, that as a class of road-user, cyclists
used to be much more law-compliant and courteous than they tend to be
nowadays?

I have been a bicyclist for about 60 years.
I have not noticed much difference between then and now.

That's there. This is here. Believe me, it's different. The foul-mouthed
SJW-type cyclist didn't exist here back then.

Oh but here they did.
That is the basis of my observation that nothing much has changed.
Here bicyclists have, in general always had a rather casual attitude to
red lights, giving way, acknowledging the existence of pedestrians and
so forth. About the only difference is that now they tend to be more
likely to wear battle gear and clothes.

I am saddened to hear it.

Best wishes.

Thanks.
Bonus for stopping at red lights -- I get to watch the ravishing maidens
walking by.