Old May 16th 07, 10:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

Default No sleep and hot days make Mitchell something... something... something.

On May 14, 12:50 pm, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:
I could not sleep at all on Saturday night. Don't know why, but I woke
at midnight and was up until six. After a two
hour catnap, I headed to the hills dead tired. I figured I would do a
climb up Chiney Gulch until I passed out.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5726.jpg

It was brutally hot on Sunday morning. Already temps were in the 80's
and the sun was beating down on the exposed trail. I don't know if this
climb is worse than Belcher at White Ranch, but it sure seems like it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5727.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5728.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5729.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5730.jpg

Only 2.5 miles to the top but it is one of the steeper trails in the
area and I was already starting to feel the lack of sleep take its toll.
I had to stop a couple of times to ease the dizziness.

Finally, things level out a bit, but it's still uphill.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5731.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5732.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5733.jpg

Once I get across the first saddle, there are a few trees for releif.
It was also a time to celebrate making all but one switchback on the way up.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5734.jpg

After reaching windy saddle, I decided enough was enough.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5735.jpg

So, I watched the roadies flying down lookout mountain road dor a while,
turned the bike around, and bombed down as fast as I could on the OTB
Titus without the gloves that I left in my car (ouch). I have decided
that the Racer-X and I will be parting ways this summer. I am just too
far up front and it scares the crap out of me.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

So thats where your at taking pictures and a might fine job. Do you
miss the pines and sand of Jersey?