Old July 26th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Default Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods

On Jul 26, 12:09*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
hizark21 a écrit profondement:

| Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods
|
| I have noticed that most climber since the mid 90's tend to climb
| seated with their hands on hoods.Personally I prefer climbing on the
| tops since this a more relaxed position. Climbing seated on the hoods
| put's more strain on my wrists. *The one advantage of the hoods is
| that you can brake faster. In the end I suppose it's a matter of
| climbing style.

Probably the biggest advantage is that a rider can conserve more
energy on the tops.

Riding on the tops is more Macho.

You sit way back on the saddle, hands just lightly resting on the tops
- like you were tickling the ivories.

Then no matter how you're hurting, when the lads start grunting and
groaning, you survey the opposition whilst giving them all a big
smile.

****es them right off and can work to your advantage

--
Davey Crockett *