Old November 8th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Fuel: some assembly required.

On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 12:18:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I mix a normal bicycle bottle full of "beverage" and freeze the entire
bottle and contents over night. In 30 - 31 (C) weather it will last
for about 4 hours before it gets warm.

One summer I froze water in bottles, used it to keep my cooler cold,
and when I'd emptied both bike bottles, began to pour a quarter bottle
of ice water at a time. This was very good for hydration, because I
was strongly motivated to drink it before it got warm.

But toward the end of one ride, I was frantically trying to get the
ice to thaw faster.

It's odd: when I lived in upstate New York, I always carried food,
but was confident of being able to re-fill my bottles. In Indiana, I
usually eat in restaurants, but always carry water.

Hrrm. I remember stopping in the racquet club on a very hot day with
four bottles in my arms and remarking that I'd re-filled them three
(or was it four) times and yet was in no particular hurry to get to
the ladies' locker room. Four bottles is about what I carry now -- my
rides are shorter!

A perfectly-good puzzle ruined by a fact.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/