Old May 7th 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Doc O'Leary[_21_]

Default Grandson Bike Cam Mechanism Questions, Please

For your reference, records indicate that
Bob wrote:

Are the brake pads, in their relaxed position, supposed to be wide
enough to allow the tire to be passed thru them, easily ?
Or,...?

Every set of brakes I’ve ever owned has had an lever that opened them
wide enough to pass the tire. Sometimes it doubles as the adjuster
for pad wear. Don’t know if kids bikes are so thoughtfully engineered
these days, though.

b. Is there supposed to be a flat washer between the bike fork's
cutout, and the cam mechanism ?
On the cam side ?
On the Nut side ?

Serving what purpose? I can’t recall ever seeing one.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly