Old March 4th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Default Wrong wrong wrong.... (ON topic)

wrote:
On Mar 4, 9:56 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote (NOTE EDITING):
jwbinpdx wrote:
On Mar 4, 7:08 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Just like the fat guy who buys a Trek MadOne and the full
Lance-A-Like outfit to ride down the bike path at 20 kph.
Let them buy it. It's good for the economy. Plus I liked riding by
the fat guy in the Lance-A-Like outfit when my leg was still broken
and in an ortho boot. I thought to myself, "how must it feel to be
passed by a old guy on a cross bike with 35mm tires and a broken leg
going up hill." Then I realized that he didn't care. It must be
really liberating to not care about being a dork. I think that puts
a person just a little closer to Nirvana. -- Jay Beattie.

"Dork" -- or maybe just a person with physical challenges who loves
cycling, isn't afraid to show it, and makes the best of it. (Sounds
eerily similar to...you. Well, except for the "isn't afraid to show
it" part.)

HTH, BS

Plus I liked riding by the fat guy

or maybe just a person with physical challenges

(NOTE I DID NOT WRITE THAT AS/WHERE QUOTED)

So Bill you are one of those politically correct persons who does not
like to state the truth. To me a fat guy is a fat guy. He ain't
physically challenged. Although I would not be surprised there isn't
some government program in our $787 billion stimulus bill to give aid
and comfort to fat guys.

I'll never be accused of political correctness, and if some "fat guy" is
arrogant or otherwise a jerk I'd have no issue with a little harmless
name-calling. However, I don't like to judge others who are into cycling;
more power to 'em, I say. (Again, unless they demonstrate otherwise by
action or attitude or whatever.)

My point was that maybe the person has health issues that affect his body.
I give credit to anyone out on a bike busting it up a hill, "outfit" or not,
fit or not. (In fact, a fatty deserves more credit than an anorexic
sprout-eater.)

It's like that post in RBM recently about a driver incident. Cyclist
referrered to him as a "creature", "critter", "specimen" and "Neanderthal".
Then asks, "Why do they get so furious? Toilet training issues? Sexual
repression? Plain old stupidity? Any psychologists in the group today?"

Who's got the ugly attitude in that little exchange?

BS