Old October 24th 16, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Tubing Grades

On 2016-10-22, wrote:
I was of the opinion that Thron tubing was one of the lower grades.

But recently I read an old article that had tests of all of the Columbus tube in frames that were all similar in several different sizes and by a variety of different size riders.

Tom,

You may be interested in this test:
http://www.habcycles.com/m7.html

...and this list:
http://astrocycloalpine.weebly.com/c...-tubesets.html

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/

My Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra and my Basso Loto are both SLX and the Basso has larger tubes. But the Eddy definitely feels stiffer due to the geometry. But the Basso is a much better ride which goes where you point it. The Eddy does as well but with some worry about it jumping off-line on a bump. I did 50 miles Thursday and another 50 miles Sunday on the Basso and while I can definitely feel the slower climbing from a carbon bike the ride of the Basso is so much better that I couldn't care less that it climbs slightly slower.