Old August 8th 18, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Max Nosugar

Default Single Rear Gear with Double Chainring and shifters

Hello Guys,

I have set up a time trial bike single gear its very fast 50t chainring and 14t rear. However, the new ironman race route in my location requires crossing a bridge with obviously inclined slope. I'm used to going uphill but it burns significant amount of energy. Btw, the new route has 3 loops which makes it a little disadvantage on my part going up and down the bridge 6 times. Having experienced this, I was thinking maybe putting a double chainring like 52t & 36t with front shifters would decrease the tension for the climb? Do you think this is possible? I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Max