Old November 23rd 14, 12:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John D. Slocomb

Default AG: Make some noise

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:18:24 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/22/2014 6:44 AM, John D. Slocomb wrote:

This primitive country I now live in takes the same attitude toward
injuring someone with a vehicle as they do to any other injury you
might inflect. And, they have this ruling that initially and until
proved different, the biggest vehicle is at faulty. A bicycle hits a
pedestrian, it is the bicycle's fault. If a car hits a bicycle the car
is at fault, a truck hits a car...

Note that this is "initially" and evidence may well prove the larger
vehicle not to be at fault, but it does, I believe temper some of the
aggressiveness that I read here about U.S. traffic.

That sounds good to me!

Another novel thing that they do here. If a vehicle should hit another
vehicle, or pedestrian and someone dies the police immediately take
the offending vehicle operator into custody.

They may decide later that there is no reason to arrest the operator
and release him but the initial act is "grab him" and that way, if
they later decide that they do want him, they've got him.
--
cheers,

John D.Slocomb