Old February 26th 05, 05:37 AM
Alan C. Acock

wrote in news:1109351804.010115.170530
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I am looking for feedback from anyone else who has ridden the new crop
of performance/comfort bikes. I am looking at the Specialized Roubaix,
Trek Pilot and Klein Reve and would consider any others that I might be
overlooking.

Thanks

Pat

I'm thinking about a Trek Pilot. I know folks say fit counts and that is
something I would not argue about, but the Pilot has a lot of thought
going into making the bike more comfortable. With the long reach breaks
you can easily get 28 tires in and have ample room for full fenders (I
live in Oregon). The Klein Reve and Trek will soon have a similar bike
using the spa idea seem like they would be good for bumps, but what
frustrates me is the chip seal. I want to get rid of the buzz.
I tried the vibration dampening gadgets that the Pilot has in the handle
bars on my Klein Quantum (definition of stiff frame with skinny tires)
and I think it made a difference. I have a problem with the Pilot. I like
a rack on the back and it won't take one. The lbs guy said to put an
alumumin seat tube in place of teh carbon fiber seat tube and hand a rake
off that, but I think the more carbon you have the less road buzz you
have.

Alan Acock