Old September 19th 03, 06:12 AM
Monique Y. Herman

Default OT rant aargh!

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:53:04 GMT, Greg P. penned:
You and my "ball-and-chain" would really get along =(

Whenever I ask for her opinion on politics, law, etc, her answer is "I'm a
woman and my opinions are my own". But that's only when she's in a mood =p

I hope not to cause offense, but your post saddens me a bit. You call
your wife a "ball and chain" ... you use a frown to express your
feelings about her opinions ... you previously lamented the fact that
you were already married and therefore couldn't go after a woman like
Penny ...

Mind you, maybe you love your wife and are thrilled to be with her every
day. If so, perhaps you should consider the impression your words leave
on others. You certainly don't give the impression, to me, of a happily
married man.

I have no idea how to respond to your comparison of your wife to me.
Granted, I don't know her, but I have absolutely never used the excuse
"I am a woman" to get out of defending my views ...

I don't mean to be a downer, but every so often I meet people who always
refer to their spouses in slightly disparaging ways. They may mean it
entirely in jest, but it certainly doesn't come across that way.

(And for those of you guys who have said that Eric must be a lucky guy,
here ya go -- this thread may cause you to reconsider =) I am indeed the
master at over-analysis, and it does indeed drive Eric nuts!)

--
monique

My pointless ramblings:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6