Old January 7th 08, 12:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla[_3_]

Default RR: The Ice Bike Cometh

You guys are NUTS!

"MattB" wrote in message
Corvus Corvax wrote:
Buffalo, NY. City of Retards.

snip

Happy New Year, and keep your freak flags flying in 2008, brothers and
sisters!

CC

Happy new year to you too CC!
My commute was shorter, only about a mile but at about -28 this morning
it was plenty long. The crank on my townie went almost a full turn
before the freewheel engaged, but then it was fine for the ride.
I just dressed in my office clothes (casual) but wore and extra hat (in
addition to the Ugg boots and puffy down jacket which are standard
winter wear). I find two layers of hats really seems to help in sub-zero
temps. Any colder and I'd pull on a pair of ski pants over my regular
pants too.

Matt