Old August 9th 09, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The price of lightweight balloons

On Aug 9, 4:28*am, someone wrote:

Bovril. *I really thought your title for this thread was an accusation
about contributers to this newsgroup and was more than slightly amused
to find it was you again being the lightweight balloon.

More smoke. Looks to everyone except possibly the peanut gallery in my
killfile of useless scum that you just made up any old thing in your
hurry to contradict everything I say, and that you came an ignorant
cropper. Here are only a few samples of your stupidity and ignorance:

"someone" aka Trevor Jeffries:
If you ride a bike ona daily basis the manfacturers recommendations
mean diddly squat.

Andre Jute
What does frequency of use have to do with manufacturers'
recommendations, except in maintenance and replacement?

No reply received, just a lot of weaseling and personal attacks.
You're stupid and ignorant, Jeffries, a bad combination.

Andre Jute:
I imagine the 60mm balloons are specified at 1.5 bar for the ERTRO
recommendation of IIRC 21mm which was in force when the Big Apples hit
the market. In 2006 ERTRO also condescended to permit tyres up to 62mm
on 19mm rims.

"someone" aka Trevor Jeffries:
I have noticed your imagination has run an absolute riot recently.

Andre Jute:
Crap. If you have better facts than mine. put them on the table.
Personal attacks like "I have noticed your imagination has run an
absolute riot recently" don't enlighten anyone in the slightest, or
persuade anyone that you know better than I do. Facts, pal, if you
have any. If not, a quote from ERTRO trumps your ignorance any day of
the week.

Instead of facts, Jeffries sends another vapid personal attack
intended to imply that he has superior knowledge (to ERTRO!) and
telling us only that he is a pig-ignorant blusterer:

Bovril. I really thought your title for this thread was an accusation
about contributers to this newsgroup and was more than slightly amused
to find it was you again being the lightweight balloon.

Jefferies is just another internet know-it-all from the Planet
Paranoia.

Flick.

Unsigned out of contempt