Old July 1st 04, 09:37 AM
NickZX6R

Default Saddle recommendations

hippy wrote:
Originally posted by Nickzx6r My Arione has done about 300kms now.
Fizik reckon it takes 100km to wear in. I reckon that's about right.

These Arione are getting a lot of press... what's the hype?

Are they somehow vastly different from a lot of other saddles?

Regarding the Brooks.. yeah I realise they take ages to break in, but
this was on a track bike.. couple of thousand kays on the track in
pain??? No thanks! It's still for sale

hippy

--

Sorry for the late reply. I missed this thread earlier.

If you believe the hype, the 'gills' in the side make the Arione
deform within the first 100kms or so, theoretically to the shape
your body, thus making it a tailored fit. Oh..and they're 30cm long,
which is apparently 6cm or something longer than a normal saddle
and that's really good because...blah...blah...trail_off_slowly.......

I'll be totally honest and say that I got it because:
- it's new and flashy
- the hype is somewhat plausible
- it looks really cool on the all-black bike
- I got it on eBay for $150 - $10 cheaper than the Selle Italia
I was considering.

--
Nick