Old August 13th 17, 06:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On 2017-08-11 16:52, sms wrote:

I would never move to a place like that if I was interested in
transportational cycling.

Indeed. I chose my residence carefully, so transporational cycling was possible.
Joerg should have done the same.

Sometimes it's good to move somewhere and then help estabishing a
cycling culture, also pushing for an infrastructure. Else it'll never
get expanded.

So what have you done to establish a cycling culture there? All we've heard
about is whining that riding there is dangerous.

Going to meeting...

Like what? I got appointed to a committee that got 3 federal grants for bike &
pedestrian projects. I single-handedly got another bike/ped path paved. I was
on a statewide committee to evaluate other bike/ped grants. I initiated two
bike transportation map projects, and gathered the volunteers and officials to
work on them. I've attended many meetings on transportation projects, and
caused definite changes on some of the projects.

providing input,

That probably means "I talked to some guy." So, like what input? And what did
your "input" achieve?

helping keep MTB trails open, and so on.

Your probably the only person here who considers a mountain bike trail to be
a valid transportational facility. Those things have a lower percentage of
practical (vs. recreational) use than even a farm country rail trail.

But most of all getting people on those trails because if they
aren't used they'll go away some day.

Sorry, Joerg, but your resume fails.

Riding on the trails is not dangerous.

Hah! You're the guy who's harangued us with tales of mountain lions and
stampeding deer, of close calls saved by inches with disc brakes, of bright
lights needed to prevent being run over by motorcycles. You can't have it
both ways. If your trails are so safe, drop the macho fantasy stories.

Riding on White Rock Road is.

https://goo.gl/maps/KRw6mqgnBrw

That looks like a photo of a cycling paradise.

It's hard to say how much the constant nagging by the various parties
including myself achieves.

I was asking what YOU have achieved, not "various parties." It sounds like
you've achieved nothing.

- Frank Krygowski