Old November 26th 07, 09:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

Default definitely not cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:45:30 -0800 (PST)
tim wrote:
Read this bit again:
"priced to suit their target usage, as basic local transport"

$600 for a coaster-braked single-speed steel-framed bike? Yeeeow!

It is a bit rough.

Any rival would have to compete with k-mart bikes, which are what
people use for that job now.

Zebee

The prices for similar bikes from Europe are actually higher than that.

They do look good, but it's too hilly around here for single speeds (my
first real bike as a child proved that and I was fit then!).

I never managed to ride up the hill to home until I got my first 10
speed. [1]

G-S

[1] I avoid that particular hill and ride the long way around it these
days despite gears