Old June 11th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Hurt knee

Burr wrote:
I hurt my knee yesterday while peddling. Been on this bike five years, was
not pushing a gear and had just turned out of the wind in the middle ring
about mid sprocket turning about a 66 cadence

The hurt is on the side at the bottom of my knee about 11 o-clock, it's
still tender today.

What I am wondering? The pedals had been turned in just a little all these
years (pigeon toed) and a week ago (four rides) I turned them straight.

Should the pedals be turned in just a little?

I ride again tomorrow on a closed course of two miles.

I'm a 66-year-old diabetic in very good shape, I lift three days a week and
cycle three days.

It sounds like you are doing the right stuff to be healthy, but maybe 2
miles is not enough bike time.

BP 110/65/51 sugar around 130 so I don't thing it's medical.

I can sort of relate since I am a few months shy of 60 myself, high BP
(inherited), but no diabetes. It may be just something age related that
popped up and may go away. I woke up one day about 5 months ago and my
leg hurt so bad I fell out of bed when I tried to stand up. It was fine
when I went to bed and it put me out of cycling for about 2 months.
Then one day it stopped hurting just like someone waved a magic wand
over it. I had it x-rayed and there was nothing wrong but the pain was
all too real. Your knee might just magically stop hurting and leave you
wondering what it was.

TIA for all comments.

Burr

OK, now that I've spilled why I haven't been riding, all I can do is to
say I hope you get better.
Bill Baka