Old December 25th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Los Altos Hills bicyclist killed in big-rig crash was a mother,

On 12/24/2010 6:10 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 24, 11:24 am, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 12/24/2010 10:04 AM, Duane Hébert wrote:

On 12/23/2010 8:24 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:

How do you reserve five feet of the road for bikes alone, if it is
barely wide enough for cars?

And if it is wide enough to have 5 feet reserved for bikes, why would
you want to?
Unless your aim is to promote the idea that bicycles don't belong on
roads, of course.

Maybe to increase cycling.

From today's Montreal Gazette:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/trave...ide/4022475/st...

If so, only because too many people spend their time shouting

D A N G E R !

D A N G E R !

Hey, who needs shoring and trench jacks! I'll just dig a f****** hole
and jump in it! -- Jay Beattie.

I got into it once with a job site superintendent, because my tech
refused to go down into a excavation, and I backed him up on it. The
excavation caved in just a couple of minutes after we got off the phone.
The tech would almost certainly have been killed if he had been in the
excavation.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.