Old July 16th 17, 11:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Topping Frank's bike injury thread

On 13/07/17 00:58, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:22:59 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Tim, I am so glad your story has a happy-ish ending. Are your vocal
cords going to recover, or is your career covering Barry Gibb songs
over?

My ENT thinks the vocal chords will heal and improve, although I may not
get my full range back.

I have to ask -- what happened to the other guy and why the collision?
Like I have said here before, other cyclists can be a serious hazard.

The other guy seemed to be fine (he looked to be in his late 20s). He
told my wife he was OK and told the EMTs the same. As for "why," I
think that I was the other cyclist that was dangerous. My recollection
is that I may have cut the inside of a left-hand bend and was still
towards his side of the trail. D'oh!

Takes guts to admit to a mistake like that.