Old February 8th 18, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Horst link bending forces

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 10:19:31 AM UTC+1, Emanuel Berg wrote:
lou.holtman wrote:

The problem is the capacity of the DA RD.
Off course you can make it work mixing
groupset parts but that is not my point.
If you only want it to work buy 105 but then
you get also a heavy groupset with an
ugly finish.

Don't take this the wrong way but this sounds
like some hang-up. I mean, I have hang-ups
myself so I'm not judgemental. But especially
since you say you don't really feel any
difference except for maybe when not clean and
in a 20km 11% hill...? It sounds like bringing
so much stuff to K2 suddenly the caravan can't
continue because to feed all the porters, you
need even more porters?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

I don't know what you trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of people that like the incredible shifting performance, the low weight, the looks of DA gruppo and are willing to pay the price but they also need low enough gearing which is not available in DA. From Shimano marketing point of view I find this strange because the margine of DA is much larger that of 105 or Ultegra.

Lou