Old June 12th 21, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

Default Wellingborough cyclist captures police chase ending in arrest of(another) cyclist

On 12/06/2021 06:42 pm, wrote:

A Wellingborough cyclist has captured the dramatic moment police intercepted a motorist in Northampton Road after a pursuit.

Samuel Shoesmith was about the use the cycle path towards the Wilby Way estate when his on board camera videoed the action.

Two police cars, one unmarked, were seen following a car from the A45 roundabout opposite Sainsbury's.

In the footage a silver car is seen making a turn across Northampton Road, across the pavement and down the shared realm cycle and pedestrian walkway yesterday (Thursday, June 11).

He said: "I was quite shocked - my mouth dropped open.

"I had just finished at the gym and was coming down Northampton Road. I was just about to go down that cycle path. It was so sudden I couldn't believe it."

A spokesman for Northants Police said: "A Nissan X Trail [was] spotted on cloned plates in the Wellingborough area last night, June 10, which following a pursuit was stopped in Northampton Road, Wellingborough, at around 8.45pm. The car ended up on the public footpath/cycle path
"A 42-year-old Wellingborough man was arrested on suspicion of: theft from a motor vehicle, escape from custody, failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving while unfit through drugs, driving while disqualified, and theft.

"Driving while disqualified"?

IOW, driving a motor vehicle whilst only qualified to be a mere cyclist.

"A 29 year old woman from Higham Ferrers was arrested on suspicion of theft.

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk...scapee-3270482