Old March 25th 05, 03:48 PM
jj

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:24:09 -0500, "Ray" wrote:

Is there a decent pedal that I could get that's both clipless and platform
or should I just go for the clipless pedals and get used to them. I like the
idea of not having to change my shoes every single time I want to jump on
the bike but I'd like to have a quality pedal also for the long rides. If
having one of those combo pedals is going to make a lousy clipless pedal
than I have a decision to make. The bike is a cyclocross (Bianchi Axis) that
I'll be picking up soon. Appreciate any advice.
Ray

Getting a combo pedal can make it difficult finding the right side to clip
in, especially if you've never ridden clipless before. I'd suggest just
getting a mid-value Shimano like the 520.

http://www.touringcyclist.com/gear/model_13041.html

Usually you can get the bike shop to make you a deal for half-price when
swap out the pedals the Axis comes with.

It took a short while to get used to the idea of putting on my cycling
shoes to ride but now I'm glad I went that route.

If you get shoes that use velcro straps, like the Diadora gekko they are
extremely easy to get on quickly. I have no trouble walking around in them.

When you pick up the bike you might try a test ride on the dual-sided type
and see if it's difficult to use.

jj