Old March 25th 05, 08:47 PM
maxo

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:24:09 -0500, Ray wrote:

Is there a decent pedal that I could get that's both clipless and platform
or should I just go for the clipless pedals and get used to them. I like
the idea of not having to change my shoes every single time I want to
jump on the bike but I'd like to have a quality pedal also for the long
rides. If having one of those combo pedals is going to make a lousy
clipless pedal than I have a decision to make. The bike is a cyclocross
(Bianchi Axis) that I'll be picking up soon. Appreciate any advice. Ray

I've used the dual sided shimanos as many others have mentioned, on a city
ride.

I used Lake cx shoes with them and like them a ton. Yeah, it's a bit
annoying to have to flip the pedal to clip it, but it's also nice to be
able to jump on the bike in sneakers.

Nashbar's got their Rodeo pedal on sale for $25, so you could give it a
try before you commit.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

There's also all kinds of sneaker adapters that will snap into a
"standard" spd pedal.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

five bucks on sale.