Old September 30th 11, 06:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default E Bikes

On 30/09/2011 8:05 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on 29 Sep 2011 21:22:34 GMT
John wrote:
Fraser Johnston wrote:

I'm thinking illegal. It's not like they are going to dyno it and I
will be riding it a fair way so having a fairly high average speed is
important.

Collide with a pedestrian, and somebody might take a keen
interest in the bike. I wouldn't want to shoulder all medical
costs because I was riding an unregistered vehicle.

I doubt it.

Unless the bike is very obviously overpower (eg you were speeding)
they might well not care.

There's a rumour that the power limit will be raised to 250 Watts but
that's been around for a while now.

pannonrider.com looks interesting. 250 watt nominal velomobile with
solar charging. The fairing and a reasonably fit rider could probably
get that going at a fair old speed.

I would love to see a graph of aerodynamics vs weight.

Zebee

Do they or can they reverse the flow when going downhill to recharge the
battery? Like the electric trains up and down the Blue Mountains putting
power back into the grid?