Old November 2nd 04, 12:01 AM
pam_in_sc

Default fog

I'm in western South Carolina, so I shouldn't complain about weather.
But today (fall break!) I went out about an hour later than I intended
because of thick fog, and still had almost an hour and a half riding in
the fog before it cleared. It wasn't that wet--the road was dry. But I
had water droplets constantly collecting on my glasses, and I hated
stopping and wiping them on my jersey tail. I'm very nearsighted, so
doing without the glasses isn't an option. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Is there any kind of absorbant cloth that I could wipe the
outside surface of my glasses with as I ride that would improve my
vision rather than make it worse?

It was in the mid 60s but with a chill in the air when I set out so I
wore a long sleeved jersey and a vest with a windproof front. My vest
is flourescent yellow-green and there was enough sun coming through the
fog that I think I was pretty visible. The trouble was I felt like I
was in a steam bath going up hill and it was chilly going down hill.
The hills aren't that long here, so it seemed I was constantly adjusting
zippers.

The last hour of my ride it was beautiful: sunny and in the 70s. So I'm
just starting to try to figure out how to dress for this intermediate
weather we are going to have a lot of here.

Pam