Old March 4th 15, 08:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel

Default Dynamo Lights viz Battery Lights in snow qand slush?

Am 03.03.2015 um 21:56 schrieb Frank Krygowski:
On 3/3/2015 3:35 PM, AMuzi wrote:

Salt water will find its way inside just about anything eventually, for
example this 'sealed' Nexus:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/nx7brokn.jpg

I worry about that a bit with my two hub dynos and my old Sturmey-Archer
3 speed hub. As I understand it, taking the bike from the relatively
warm basement to the outside cold causes the internal air to contract
and suck in the nasty stuff.

That's why my SON has some pressure exchange holes to prevent the nasty
stuff from feing sucked into the bearings (my first one did not and died
of winter corrosion after ca. 8 years).