Old May 23rd 18, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default randonneur

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 7:28:54 AM UTC-5, Emanuel Berg wrote:

[1] https://www.fahrradmanufaktur.de/en/...andonneur-2017

Looks like a loaded touring bike to me. Those are sold in the USA and everywhere in the world. To me randonneur means something very special and specific. Randonneuring is long distance cycling, 200 to 1200km, in a specific time limit. You carry minimal gear to make it through the ride. NO ONE uses a loaded touring bike like you linked to for randonneuring. Look at the bikes used on Paris Brest Paris, the original randonneur ride, and you will not see any loaded touring bikes. The bike you linked would be used on round the world tours carrying four panniers, handlebar bag, and tent piled on top of the rear rack. A heavy loaded touring bike. If that is what you want, then just do a simple search for loaded touring bikes.