Old November 22nd 11, 11:12 AM
zarikoff zarikoff is offline
Junior Member

To tie off this thread for good, I thought I'd post the outcome of our search (better late than never, right?).

We found a shop in Weingarten, Germany (http://weingarten.feineraeder.de/). The proprietor was incredibly helpful in helping us out, and even went so far as to pick us up at the train station and put us up for the night in a spare bedroom (I suppose we sounded desperate!). In the end, we purchased a slightly used Zwei-plus-Zwei touring tandem, which saw us through the remaining 4000 km of our 2004 trip, and a number of other trips since.

Thanks again Brian and James for all of the helpful directions and suggestions!

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wasson View Post
Tandem shops are few and far between in most of Europe. I highly doubt
you'll find one in CZ.

Cannondale tandems are popular in Europe... you may want to look up a
Cannondale dealer in the area you want to go to and give them a call.

Wolfgang Haas' bike shop in Roshenheim is probably the biggest tandem
shop in all of Europe. I'd definitely start with him. You can get to
Prague via train without too much hassle from the Munich area (we just
did it in May, with a tandem).

(Brad Zarikoff) wrote in message om...
If possible though, we'd like to restart our trip in Prague. Does
anyone know of a good tandem store in or near Prague????